Signs of coming spring
March 1st 2019
A few days ago, I discovered a tree which was already budding at the corner of the Yamato-no-yu parking lot.
I was impressed by the tree's powerful looks in these still cold days of lingering winter.
Later, it was explained to me that the tree was an elderberry tree.
I learned that the elderberry is known to bud earlier than other plants and it lets us know that spring is coming.
I was quite happy to find this early sign of coming spring.
Recently, the opportunities for us to touch nature have become fewer and fewer. However, the environment around Yamato-no-yu is filled with nature and we can always find something new or signs of the changing seasons.
Nature can be seen not only from the open-air-bath and the viewing platform of Yamato-no-yu, but even the surrounding environment and parking lots can also be entertaining.
We were very impressed with the budding elderberry tree’s power.
- Traditional Japanese Satsuma liquor, “Yume no Itteki” or "One Drop of Dream", has a light taste and can improve your health
- How about enjoying some Nigiri-sushi at Yamato-no-yu’s sushi bar, "Shion", after bathing in our natural hot spring?
- The rice planting season is approaching
- Our recommendation - Yamato-no-yu’s popular special coffee -
- The difference between "Made in Japan wine" and "Japanese Wine"
- Are Onsen Day Spas even effective?
- Yamato-no-yu’s high quality spring water
- Is it not a hot spring if the flow of water is not constant?
- The spring fragrance of the Winter Daphne
- Our official SNS accounts