Yamato-no-yu’s high quality spring water -- "Natrium = hydrogen carbonate springs"
March 29th 2019
There are various quality levels for hot spring water, categorized as "Spring Quality".
One type has a strong smell of sulfur, another is dark brown in color, and yet another is tasteless and odorless.. There are many differences in color, smell, taste and effects depending on the components. Spring Quality is a unique feature of each Onsen.
Those who appreciate Onsen usually have a favorite quality they look for in Onsen.
The major types of Spring Quality are as below.
- simple hot spring
- chloride spring
- hydrogen carbonate spring
- sulfate spring
- carbon dioxide spring
- iron-content spring
- acidic spring
- iodine-content spring
- sulfur spring
- radioactive spring
Yamato-no-yu's spring fits into the hydrogen carbonate type. Your body will remain warm for many hours after bathing, and it is especially recommended for women.
Moreover, the alkalinity of a hydrogen carbonate spring cleanses fats or secretions on your skin surface, so you can feel refreshed after bathing. The hydrogen carbonate spring is also known as "Spring for Beauty".
Furthermore, hydrogen carbonate springs are effective in healing skin disease, cuts wounds and burns.
Please enjoy the comfort of our high quality spring water.
- Traditional Japanese Satsuma liquor, “Yume no Itteki” or "One Drop of Dream", has a light taste and can improve your health
- How about enjoying some Nigiri-sushi at Yamato-no-yu’s sushi bar, "Shion", after bathing in our natural hot spring?
- The rice planting season is approaching
- Our recommendation - Yamato-no-yu’s popular special coffee -
- The difference between "Made in Japan wine" and "Japanese Wine"
- Are Onsen Day Spas even effective?
- Yamato-no-yu’s high quality spring water
- Is it not a hot spring if the flow of water is not constant?
- The spring fragrance of the Winter Daphne
- Our official SNS accounts