The effects of "Onreikogoyoku", which means alternating between hot and cold baths
August 19th 2019
It is said that "Onreikogoyoku" is a very good bathing method for recovery from exhaustion and prevention of disease, peripheral blood vessels are widened with the stimulation of hot and cold water, and it also promotes emission of lactic acid (fatigue substance) from our body.
= How to proceed with "Onreikogoyoku" =
- First, warm up body sufficiently in the Onsen.
- Next, take a cold water bath.
- Repeat this alternating between onsen and cold water bath about 3 times.
"Onreikogoyoku" increases your blood circulation, and you'll feel relaxed and your body metabolism will also be enhanced.
Further, it not only refreshes your body, but also normalizes the autonomic nervous system and cures various bodily disorders, such as stiff neck and shoulders.
Above all, you'll most certainly be attracted to the refreshing pleasantness of the cold water.
"Onreikogoyoku" is highly recommended to those who suffer from sleeplessness and cold sensitivity.
Please give it a try at Yamato-no-yu.
We are looking forward to your visit.
- Japanese sake recommendation - Chomeisen Ginjo Namachozoshu -
- A notice about special entrance fee and opening hours during the New Year’s holiday
- Let's enjoy winter onsen by learning the correct bathing method!
- Japanese Sake recommendation - "Yanagi" - from "Tsuki-no-Katsura", a popular, well-established sake brewery in Kyoto.
- Mt. Fuji
- We recommend the authentic soba shochu liquor called "Tenshin"
- - Château Mercian Koshu Awashi Murasaki (White, dry) - Japanese wine which thoroughly pursues compatibility with Japanese food "Washoku"
- Chef's Special Pork Spare Ribs - Seasonal limited time only menu from the "Ajisai" restaurant on the 3rd floor -
- Aged Takachiho Umeshu (plum liquor), which has a popular mild flavor
- The private open air bath - experience a special time with those precious to you -
- A recommended bathing technique, "Bunkatsuyoku", which means divided bathing
- Admission Fee changes due to the consumption tax increase
- Lower-body bathing is recommended in the lingering summer heat
- Free Treatment Promotion at Yayoi-spa!
- Introducing a Japanese sake, "Murokagenshu” from Noguchi Naohiko Sake Institute
- Introducing "Awamori Yaesen", a popular strong Okinawan alcoholic beverage
- Beauty Treatment & Massage at "Yayoi Spa"
- Introducing a red wine we recommend called "RAKU-SEN-KOH"